About Me

Bend, OR, United States

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Here we GO!

Tomorrow is the first day of my new adventure.  I will receive my first chemotherapy infusion in the morning. The chemotherapy drug is GEMZAR. For more information pertaining to this drug and chemotherapy treatment visit:
http://www.chemocare.com/bio/gemzar.asp   The infusion will take 1 to 2 hours. My oncologist anticipates minimal side effects; fatigue and loss of appetite and possibly some nausea - for which my oncologist prescribed Ativan and Compazine. NO- I won't loose my hair :-)   I will have chemotherapy infusion once a week for 3 weeks and then 1 week off. This pattern will continue for approximately 9 weeks at which time I will have a PET/CT scan to confirm that the treatment is shrinking the tumors. Next Tuesday, 8/3, I will have a port-a-catheter implant performed by Dr. Frei. This is my decision so I won't sustain long term vein damage.Thank all of you for your overwhelming love, support and encouraging words these past days. Your prayers, optimism and faith is truly felt and much appreciated during this time. Please continue praying for me and my girls.

1 comment:

  1. I know you will do great Wilda. You are strong and are surrounded by love. I'll be there with you in my heart and will be down to see you soon.

    I love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete